Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Ecclesiastes chapter 6 verse1
There is an evil which I have seen under the sun, and it is common among men:
Ecclesiastes chapter 6 verse2
- A man to whom God hath given riches, wealth, and honour, so that he wanteth nothing for his soul of all that he desireth, yet God giveth him not power to eat thereof, but a
- stranger eateth it: this is vanity, and it is an evil disease.
Ecclesiastes chapter 6 verse3
- if a man beget an hundred children, and live many years, so that the days of his years be many, and his soul be not
- filled with good, and also that he have no burial; I say, that an untimely birth is better than he.
Ecclesiastes chapter 6 verse4
For he cometh in with vanity, and departeth in darkness, and his name shall be covered with darkness.
Ecclesiastes chapter 6 verse5
Moreover he hath not seen the sun, nor known any thing: this hath more rest than the other.
Ecclesiastes chapter 6 verse6
Yea, though he live a thousand years twice told, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?
Ecclesiastes chapter 6 verse7
All the labour of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.
Ecclesiastes chapter 6 verse8
For what hath the wise more than the fool? what hath the poor, that knoweth to walk before the living?
Ecclesiastes chapter 6 verse9
Better is the sight of the eyes than the wandering of the desire: this is also vanity and vexation of spirit.
Ecclesiastes chapter 6 verse10
That which hath been is named already, and it is known that it is man: neither may he contend with him that is mightier than he.
Ecclesiastes chapter 6 verse11
- Seeing there be many things that increase vanity, what
- is man the better?
Ecclesiastes chapter 6 verse12
For who knoweth what is good for man in this life, all the days of his vain life which he spendeth as a shadow? for who can tell a man what shall be after him under the sun?