Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Discharge Pressure Relief Valve Def:
Handles sudden changes of discharge pressure by re-routing to the intake side of the pump.
Discharge Relief features
- Operating pressure range of 75-300 PSI
- Greater than 300 PSI needs to be set OFF
- In OFF position when not in use
- Exercise and reset weekly or after use to 150 PSI
Discharge Relief Reset Procedures
- Valve OFF
- Open discharge(s)
- Raise engine to discharge pressure
- Turn valve to ON
- Turn T valve counter clockwise until valve opens (Amber)
- Then turn T valve clockwise until valve closes (Green)
When no longer needed reduce RPM to close valve and then reset to 150.
Pressure Sensor Governor (PSG)
- Not a true relief valve.
- Reduces engine RPM to reduce pressure
Intake Relief Valves (Dump Valves)
Externally mounted- set to 100 PSI to protect against water hammer from intake, protects hose and from cavitation
Factory installed- pre-plummed and dumps to ground
Intake Relief Valve setting
- Shall be set every 30 days or after pumping
- Charge and intake line from hydrant
- Open intake
- Back off lock nut until water flows
- Slowly tighten until water stops flowing, then 1/4-1/2 farther
- Tighten the lock nut.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview