The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Tui Na= Pushing and Holding
- Tui Na also known in ancient times by names:
- Anqiao, Anfu, and Anmo.
Currently, Tui Na or/and Anmo.
The earliest medical refernence to Anmo therapies was "52 Bingfang (52 Prescriptions).
Tui Na first appears in books during Spring Autumn and Warring States Period (770-221bce).
Anmo was common term in Yin and Shang Periods (1600-1100bce).
Tui Na first mentioned in Huangdi Neijing during the Qin and Han Dynasties (221bce-220ce). This is the foundation of Tuinaology.
Also, Huangdi Qibo Shijuan (10 volumes of Huangdi and Qibo on Massage) was complied at this time.
In the Sui Dynasty (581-618ce) the title of Doctor of Tuina was first formed.
In Tang Dynasty (618-907ce) Tuina practioners were graded into different degrees, i.e., doctor, technician, and manipulator.
The great work Zhubing Yuanhou lun (Etiology and Symptomology of Diseases) was written during this period.
Anmo therapy also spread to Japan, Korea, and India.
In Song Dynasty Anmo was used in child delivery.
In Ming and Qing Dynasties a number of books were written:
- Classics of Tuina for Children
- Secrets of Tuina for Infants
- Secrets of Tuina for Pulse Taking for Children
- Recording of Tuina for Children
- Golden Mirror of Medicine
In Qing Dynasty traumatic injuries were summed up:
- Jie= Rejoining
- Duan= Setting
- Ti= Lifting
- An= Pressing
- Mo= Circular Kneading
- Tui= Pushing
- Na= Holding
All massage schools have roughly 3 common characteristics:
- 1. Long histories and popular from their origin.
- 2. Theoretical guidance, substantial practice experiences, expert circles, special training and methods.
- 3. Each school has its own "Special Manipulations."
Ex. In North China most manipulations were lucid and vigorous, while those in the South are gentle.
One finger meditation massage:
Tx and Dx, anywhere.
- From Region South of Changjiang River. Soft and and penetrating manipulations; one finger meditation massage has 11 accompanying manipulations.'
- Its softness if coordinated with strength.
Rolling Massage: Developed on the basis of 1 finger meditation massage during the 1940s ce.
- Chief manipulation is rolling; it not only has the same strong points as 1 finger such as soft and rythmic stimulation but big manipulation and strong power.
- Its results are more distinctive in Tx Motor and Nerve System.
Internal Exercise Massage:
- Manipulation is vigorous and powerful but soft, with yin-yang in good order and gentleness and strength balanced.
- Typical Northen Style- (SOUTH IS SHORT, WEAK. NORTH IS STRONG)
Sprightly and smooth, penetrating.
Internal Exercise Massage:
Qiao-gong- (The left side first and right side for males; the opposite for females), separating Yintang, sweeping across Taiyang, etc.
Tx Internal Dx 2' Def and overwork and Dx of Surgery and GYN.
Finger Pressing Massage:
Digital Point Pressing Massage
Finger Pressing Therapy
- Combines acupuncture and massage!
- Its Tx induction is powerful and it is safe and comfortable with quick effect, but little damage
Internal Med, Surgery, GYN, Ped, EENT.