Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Anti Inflammatories Steroidal
- Larger doses are usually used for their antiinflammatory, immunosuppressive, or antineoplastic activity
- eg : Cortisone, Hydrocortisone
Calcium Channel Blockers
- Antianginals / Antiarrhythmics
- Used in the treatment of hypertension or in the treatment and prophylaxis of angina pectoris or coronary artery spasm
- eg : NIFEdipine, Verapamil
- Antianxiety Agentsused in the management of various forms of anxiety, including generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
- eg : Diazepam, Temazepam, Clonazepam
- Nonopioid AnalgesicsUsed to control mild to moderate pain and/or fever
- eg : Acetaminophen
- AnticoagulantsPrevention and treatment of thromboembolic disorders including deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, and atrial fibrillation with embolization.
- eg : Heparin
- AntiarrhythmicsSuppression of cardiac arrhythmias.
- eg : Atropine, Benztropine
- Suppression of ventricular tachycardia and fibrillation
- eg : Bretylol
- AntiUlcer Agent
- Healing of ulcers and decreased pain associated with ulcers or gastric hyperacidity
- eg : Gelusil, Mylanta
- Relaxation of airway smooth muscle with subsequent bronchodilation
- eg: Albuterol, Epinephrine, DOPamine
- Lowering of blood pressure in patients with hypertension
- eg : Ramipril, Lisinopril, Quinapril
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview