335 2.3 Neuroanatomy Part 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Precentral gyrus / motor strip
initiation of voluntary mmotor movements
Frontal Lobe contains
- percetral gyrus / motor strip
- Broca's area (left side only)
- largest lobe
- makes up 1/3 of cortex
Frontal Lobe responsible for:
- planning, initiation, and inhibition of voluntary movement
- cognitive function (thinking, reasoning, problem solving, judgement, math)
which hemisphere is language dominant?
Divisions of the nervous system
- left and right hemispheres by cerebral longitudinal fissure
- connected by the corpus callosum
- 4 lobes
Cerebrum or Cerebral Cortex
- sort of consciousness
- source of involuntary movement
Components of nervous system are all...
- housed within bone
- figure 11-1 p 523
Components of the Nervous System
- Central Nervous System CNS
- Peripheral Nervous System PNS
- cerebrum or cerebral cortex
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview