Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
What is the estimated lifetime of the new ACU?
6 months. (ACU is made with the same nylon/cotton rip-stop fabric as the current Enhanced Hot Weather BDU(EHWBDU). The current EHWBDU has an estimated wear life of six months.)
Explain the new digitized pattern.
The new pattern is designed to work in the three primary combat environments, -- Woodland, Desert and Urban.Though not optimized for any particular environment, it is effective in all three.
Describe the rank and grade insignia on the ACU.
The rank and grade will be black emroidery on the digitized fabric with hook fastener, expect major and 2nd lieutenant;which will be bronze embroidery with hook fastener. The olive drab areas of the warrant officer rank will be foliagegreen.
Can embroidered badges be worn on the ACU?
No, embroidered badges will not be worn on the ACU
Describe the Name tape / U.S. Army tape for the ACU.
The U.S. Army Tape will be black embroidery on the digitized fabric with hook fastener. The finished length will be 5inches.
How is the Name tape / U.S. Army tape worn on the ACU?
Immediately above and parallel with the slanted chest pocket flaps
Describe the rank insignia dimensions used on the ACU
Private through Colonel – 2 inches by 2 inches with hook fastenerBrigadier General and Major General – 2 inches by 2 inches overall with hook fastenerLieutenant General – 2 inches by 3 ¼ inches with both hook and loop fasteners attached.General Officer – ¾ inch stars point to vertex 1/8 inch apart
Soldiers may wear up to five skill badges on the ACU. All skill badges will be worn above the U.S. Army tape in order of precedence from the wearers left. How would you wear 1,2,3,4, or and 5 skill badges?
- 1 Badge – Worn 1/8 inch above and centered on the U.S. Army tape.
- 2 Badges – Worn vertically 1/8 inch above and centered on the U.S. Army tape with ¼ inch between badges.
- 3 Badges - Worn vertically 1/8 inch above and centered on the U.S. Army tape with ¼ inch between badges.
- 4 Badges – Worn vertically and side by side in stacks of two, 1/8 inch above and centered on the U.S. Army tape, with1.4 inch between badges vertically and ½ inch between badges horizontally.
- 5 Badges - Worn vertically and side by side in stacks of two, 1/8 inch above and centered on the U.S. Army tape, with1.4 inch between badges vertically and ½ inch between badges horizontally. The 5th badge is placed ¼ inch above andcentered on the top two badges.
Branch insignia will not be worn with the ACU with one exception. Who is allowed to wear branch insignia andhow is it worn?
U.S. Army Chaplaincy religious denomination insignia may be worn 1/8 inch above and centered on the name tape.The insignia will be pin on only.
How will the SSI (Unit Patch) and the SSI-FWTS (Combat Patch) be worn on the ACU
The SSI will be worn centered on the hook and loop faced pad already provided on the left sleeve of the coat.The SSI-FWTS will be worn centered on the hook and loop faced pad already provided on the right sleeve of the coat.
How will the U.S. Flag insignia be worn on the ACU?
The U.S. Flag insignia is worn on the right shoulder pocket flap of the ACU coat
How many skill tabs can be worn on the ACU?
No more than 3
How are skill tabs worn on the ACU?
Centered on the shoulder pocket flap of the hook and loop faced pad already provided on the left shoulder of the ACUcoat in order of precedence IAW AR 670-1.
Can a Soldier wear the Black All weather coat as a raincoat with the ACU
Yes, but only in a Garrison environment
How is the ACU patrol cap worn with the ACU?
Personnel wear the patrol cap straight on the head so that the cap band creates a straight line around the head, parallelto the ground. The patrol cap will fitsnugly and comfortably around the largest part of the head without distortion orexcessive gaps. The cap is worn so that no hair is visible on the forehead beneath the cap. At their discretion,individuals may wear the ear flaps down during cold weather, except in formation when the commander may prescribewear policy
What type of rank is authorized to be worn on the ACU patrol cap?
Sewn or Pin on rank.
How is the name tape worn on the ACU Patrol Cap?
The name tape will be worn centered on the hook and loop pad on the back of the ACU Patrol Cap.
When the ACU trouser leg is bloused, what is the maximum distance that it may extend down the boot?
The bloused trouser legs should not extend below the third eyelet from the top of the boot.
Describe the proper process for washing the ACU.
- 1. Wash in cold water and mild detergent containing NO optical brighteners or bleach.
- 2. Tumble dry at low heat (not to exceed 130 degrees fahrenheit)
- 3. Remove immediately from dryer and fold flat or place on a rustproof hanger to ensure heat from the dryer doesnot set wrinkles.
- 4. To drip dry, remove from the washer/water and place on a rustproof hanger. Do not wring or twist.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview