Biology chapter 7.txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Control center of cells... Controls all cell activities
- contains DNA (chromosomes)
- found in all cells
- contols what moves in and out of cells
- made of two layers: phospholipids and proteins
- found in plants NOT in animals cells
- strong, porous covering
- maintaining shape of cell
- contains celloulouse (fiber)
- membrane and surrounds the nucleus (protective)
- traffic contol from the nucleus to the cytoplasm
- allows RNA and ribosomes to exit
- found inside the nucleus
- making RNA (used for mKing protein)
- "colored bodies"
- gene carriers
- units of hiredity
- made of DNA
cells that contain a nucleus and membrane bound structures
- cells that do not contain a well defined nucleus or membrane bound structures
- example: bacteria
- found only in plant cells involved in photosynthises
- convertes carbon dioxide, water, chlorophyll into glucose
- liquid portions of all cells
- all chemical reactions occur in the cytoplasm
- mostly water (59-80%)
- clean up crew
- bags of powerful enzymes
- digests unnecessary/ damaged cells and help with digestion
- site where amino acids are assembles into proteins
- site of protein synthesis
- sacs that store water, wastes, and food.
- takes up the central parts of plant cells (small in animal cells)
E.R. Endoplasmic reticulum
- two types: rough/ smooth
- serves as a transport system
- rough: ribosomes attached and proteins are transported
- smooth: ribosomes not attached. Transports enxymes for metabolism
- used for cell division in animal cells
- contains two identical cylinders called centromeres
- "powerhouse" of the cell
- site of cellular respiration and energy production
- "packaging department"
- "post office"
- directs packaging and transport of porteins
- flattened bag- like membranrs
- contraction and cell shape (changes shape)
- movement of materials and support
- part of the cytoskeleton and is made of protein
- part of the cytoskeleton
- movement of materials and helps cells maintain its shape
- "tiny organs"
- membrane bound structures found inside cells
- example: nucleus, mitochondria, vacuole, E.R.
- Basic unit of structure and function of all living things
- all cells have a cell membrane and cytoplasm
- all cells come from pre- existing cells
- cells are the basic unit of structure and function
- all organisms are made up of one or more cells
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview