The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Outermost covering of nerve.
- Dense network of collagen fibers.
- Middle layer Fibers extend inward from epineurium.
- Divide nerve into compartments that contain bundles of axons (fascicles).
- Branching blood vessels from epineurium continue on to form capillaries in endoneurium.
- Innermost layer.
- Delicate connective tissues surrounding individual axons.
- Capillaries here supply axons, Schwann cells, and fibroblasts.
What is a ramus?
A branch of the spinal nerve.
What do dorsal rami innervte?
- skin of the back
What do ventral rami innervate?
structures of lateral & anterior trunk and limbs
Where are communicating rami located and what do they contain?
- Present in thoracic and superior lumbar segments.
- Contain axons on sympathetic neurons.
What is a dermatome?
It is a specific bilateral region of skin surface monitered by a single pair of spinal nerves.
What is the virus that causes shingles?
Shingles is viral infection of what?
dorsal root ganglia
What do dorsal rami contain and what do they innervate?
- Somatic and visceral motor fibers.
- Skin and skeletal muscles of back.
What do ventral rami contain and what do they innervate?
- somatic and visceral motor fibers
- ventrolateral body surface, structures of body wall, and limbs.
What are communicating branches of the spinal cord?
Describe white rami.
- Preganglionic fibers that are myelinated.
- Visceral motor fibers to sympathetic ganglion.
Describe gray rami.
- Postganglionic fibers that are unmyelinated.
- Innervate glands and smooth muscles of body wall or limbs.
Describe sympathetic nerves.
Preganglionic and postganglionic fibers to structures of thoacic cavities.