EBM Exam 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
In ___% of cases the ultimate question is significantly different from the original question asked.
Why is it imoportant to define a clinical question?
- be sure you are researching the right info
- provides direction
- identify key search terms
- maintain focus
Defining the problem includes
- context and scope of the problem
- use logical inquiries
Patients in PICO approach
what type of patient/population requiring special attention is associated with the clinical problem
Intervention in PICO
what interventions can be used in this clinical situation?
Comparison in PICO
what additional interventions can be considered and compared to the chosen intervention
Outcome in PICO
what is the end result desired for the patient/population?
Benefits of PICO approach
- identify search terms
- determine relevance of search results
- focus information retrieval
- focus critical evaluation
- develope recommendation with justifications
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview