Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
responsible for the draft
guns fall silent or cease fire
pay for war using
language that offends the country
the countries Germany, Austria-Hungary
the countries France, England, Russia
Made it illegal to interfere with the draft and silence critics of the war
Causes of the war (WW1)
- June, archduke Ferdinand assasinated
- Austria-Hungary declares war affecting other countries causing a chain reaction.
- hand gernade
- Machine gun
- Poison gases
- Killed massive amounts of people
The first woman elected to congress, a passafist, and from Missoula
Telegram intercepted by the British. Germany was offering Mexico the lost states if they helped fight germany's war effort. Piece of propaganda.
This caused the U.S to go to war. Sank passenger boats and merchant ships.
Out come of WW1
The war end in a stalemate, millions of people die, Treaty of Versailles is signed and ermany is required to give up land and pay france in reparations.
Wanted to end all secret alliances
Change naval warfare
reduction of armanents
Form an association of nations to secure world peace.
Wilson's (key) Fourteen Points
American Revolution- Imperialism
- Independence (from Britian, great leadership from Washington, Democracy, Constitution)
- Jefferson (expands land west, Lewis and Clark, Louisianna Purchase)
- Battle of New Orleans(Burn DC, Andrew Jackson)
- Spanish American War (got the southwest
- Civil War (Slavery & state rights, Getysburg, Lincoln killed)
- Reconstruction (south & start of klan)
- West ward Expansion (Indians, Battle of LB)
- Industrialism (Big Bussiness/ workers, Union)
- Imperialism (liberate Cuba, get Panama Canal access and Guam, PuertoRico and the Philipeans.)