SECLUSION & RESTRAINT -
Should be ordered for the shortest duration necessary & only if less restritive measures are insufficient.
Never be used for: staff convenience, client punishment, for clients who are physically or mentally unstable, & for clients who can't tolerate the decrease stimulation of a seclusion room
- Uses of Seclusion & Restraint
- Tx must be ordered by the PCP in writing & specify duration of Tx
- Client can be placed in seclusion or restraint in an emergency
- Order must be rewritten every 24 hours or as specified
- Check Circulation every 15 min, remove restraint evey 2 hours