The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Levels of prevention pyramid
- Primary (bottom): Health Promotion/Education, Health Protection
- Secondary: Early Diagnosis; Prompt Treatment
- Tertiary Prevention (top): Rehabilitation, Primary Prevention
- Includes measures to keep illness or injuries from occurring.
- Applied to generally healthy population and PRECEDES disease or dysfunction.
- Encouraging safety (devices in the home)
- Teaching healthy lifestyle behaviors
- Immunization programs
- Anticipatory Planning
- Efforts to detect and treat existing health problems at earliest stages
- HTN / cholesteron screening programs
- Encouraging breast/testicular self-exams
- Skin testing (TB) (other screening)
Attempts to reduce the severity of a health problem, to minimize disability and restore or preserve function.
- Tx/rehab after stroke
- Early tx and mgt of diabetes to reduce probs or slow progress
Elements of community health nursing
- Priority of preventive, protective, and health-promoting strategies over curative strategies
- Means for measurement/analysis of CH probls, incl epidemiologic concepts and biostatistics
- Influence of envir. factors on aggregate health
- Principles of underlying mgt and organization for CH (because the goal of pub health is accomplished through organized community efforts
- Public policy analysis & dev
- Health advocacy
- Understanding the political process
Field of nursing that combines nursing science with public health science to formulate a community-based and population-focussed practice.
Community Health Nursing