Card Set Information
Basic Calculus Review
General Power Rule
1. Differentiate both sides with respect to x. (Remember the y' "hook-on factor" for any term involving y.)
2. Collect all y' (or dy/dx) terms on one side of the equations.
3. Factor out y'.
4. Divide to solve for y'.
Integration Power Rule
Integration Sum Rule
Integration General Power Rule
1. Let u=radical.
2. Square both side of this equation to get u^2=number.
3. Solve for x (in terms of u).
4. Differentiate the equation from Step 3.
5. Find dx.
6. Substitute u-expression for the x-expression in the integral. (usually du is not dx, replace that also)
8. Substitute back, so that your final answer is again in terms of x.
Note: Step 3 and 4 can be reversed.
Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
Second Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
Second Fundamental Theorem (Chain Rule)
Le Regle d'Hopital