CNA chapters 8-10
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are 8 accident risk factors?
- Awareness of surroundings
- Agitated and aggressive behaviors
- Impaired visim
- Impaired hearing
- Impaired smell and touch
- Impaired mobility
What can not be used as a positive indentifier for a patient?
What are the 4 most common causes of burns?
- Spilled hot liquids
- Very hot water
- Electrical devices
Steps for checking bathwater temperature:
- Turn on cold water, then hot water
- Measure bath or shower temperature before patient gets in
- Check for hot spots in bath water
What are the common causes of poisoning?
- Household products
- Carelessness, confusion, or poor vision when reading labels
Common causes of suffocation:
- Inhaling gas or smoke
- Electrical shock
- Entrapment in the hospital bed system
Another term for "choking"?
Foreign-body airway obstruction (FBAO)
What condition can FBAO lead to?
Choking often occurs during eating due to:
- A large, poorly chewed piece of meat
- Laughing and talking while eating
- Excessive alcohol intake
Choking can occur in the unconscious person due to:
- Aspiration of vomitus
- The tongue falling back into the airway
All equipment is unsafe if:
- Not used correctly
- Not working properly
Before using equipment, you need to:
- Inspect all equipment before use
- Check glass and plastic items for cracks, chips, and sharp or rough edges
- Follow the Bloodborne Pathogen Standard
Warning signs of a faulty electrical system include:
- Loss of power
- Dimming or flickering of lights
- Sizzling or buzzing sounds
- Burning odor
- Loose plugs
Hadardous substance warning labels identify:
- Physical and health hazards
- Precaution measures
- What personal protective equipment to wear
- How to use the substance safely
- Storage and disposal information
What does every hazardous substance include?
Material safety data sheet (MSDS)
Check the MSDS before:
- Using a hazardous substance
- Cleaning up a leak or spill
- Disposing of the substance
Major causes of a fire include:
- Faulty electrical equitment and wiring
- Over-loaded electrical circuits
What three things are needed for a fire?
- A spark or flame
- A material that will burn
Define RACE acronym used in a fire emergency:
- R is for rescue
- A is for alarm
- C is for confine
- E is for extinguish
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview