Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- "first emperor"
- ruler of Qin who united China
221BC - 206BC
when civilization sets patterns in gov, philosophy, religion, science, and art as framework for other cultures
he based the teachings of legalism
- greed is motive for actions and conflicts
- strict way of order and power
shi Huangdi's capital
connected walls of feudal states
202BC - 220AD
peasant leader who founded Han dynasty
most famous Han emperor 141BC - 87BC
"men of wisdom and virtue"
site of Wudi's imperial university
complete control of product or business by one person or group
expanding a country's territory
- network of trade routes linking China to the west and middle east
- 4000 mi
officials in government
collection of histories, poems, and handbooks put together by Confucius and others
created by gathering things together
set up civil services exam
exams taken by men to determine their status 580AD - 1912AD
local military rulers
rebelious peasants who fled to mountains and formed secret group of bandits
- "people of Han"
- most technilogically advanced civilization in the world
detect and measure earthquakes
- disagreed that comets and eclipses showed heaven's anger
- believed that no scientific theories should be accepted unless supported by proof
- inserting of needles into skin at specific points to relieve pain or treat various illness
invented method of papermaking from wood pulp
Lessons for Women
- handbook of behavior
author of women and men behavior book
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview