Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Naturally occurring nucleoside that slows
- conduction through the AV node
Mechanism of Action
Decreases conduction of electrical impulses by binding up phosphate and preventing the formation of ATP within the cardiac cells.
Onset of Action
- Onset: 20-30 Seconds
- PeakEffects: 20-30 Seconds
- Duration: 30 Seconds
- Half-life:10 Seconds
- Used in SVT refractory to common vagal maneuvers
- (Symptomatic SVT)
- Second or third degree heart block
- Sick sinus syndrome
- Known hypersensitivity to the drug
- Causes dysrhythmias
- Caution with Asthma patients
- facial flushing
- Chest Pain
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview