Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
- "tip of the shoulder"
- -lateral end of the scapula, extening over the shoulder joing
- acromion-clavicle-pertaining to
- - the joint between the acromion and the clavicle
- walking-pertaining to
- - surgery of any other care provided without and overnight stay in a medical facility
- joint-composed of
- - two separate bones have formed a joint
- - curved bone that forms the anterior part of the perctoral girdle
- - completely out of joint
- - single bone of the upper arm
- put together- action
- -attachment of a muscle to a more movable part of the skeleton, distinct from the origin
- muscles and skeleton functioning as an organized whole
- "source of"
- - fixed source of a muscle at its attachment to the bone
- chest-pertaining to encircle- incomplete bony ring that attaches the upper limb to the axial skeleton
- rotate-one who does band
- - part of the capsule of the shoulder joint
- - an incomplete dislocation when some contact between the joint surfaces remain
- two-head -of the arm
- - a muscle of the arm that has two heads of points of origin on the scapula
- arm-pertaining to
- - muscle that lies underneath the biceps and is the strongest flexor of the forearm
- arm-radius-pertaining to
- - muscle that helps flex the forearm
- triangle- resembling
- - large, fan-shaped muscle connecting the scapula and clavicle to the humerus
- wide-most of the back
- - the widest muscle in the back
- "spoke of the wheel"
- - the forearm bone on the thumb side
- three-head of the arm
- - muscle of the arm that has three heads or point of origin
- "elbow, arm"
- - medial, larger bone of the forearm
- - eight carpal bones of the wrist
- after-wrist bones-pertaining to
- -five bones between the carpus and the fingers
fracture of the distal radius at the wrist
- "fluid-filled sac"
- -an abnormal, fluid-containing sac
back part of any body surface
front part of any body surface
- - fluid-containing swelling attached to the synovial sheath of a tendon
bony lump on the terminal phalanx of the fingers is osteoarthritis
- after-bones of the wrist- phalanx- pertaining to
- - joints between the metacarpal bones and the phalanges
- -chronic, inflammatory disease of joints
- "bone of finger or toe"
- - phalanges
- a flow-condition
- - pain in various parts of the musculoskeletal system
- - narrowing of a passage
- tendon-synovial membrane-inflammation
- - inflammation of both a tendon and its synovial sheath
- palm stand out
- - the fleshy mass at the base of the thumb
- below-thumb stick out
- - fleshy mass at the base of the little finger
- "vinegar cup"
- - the cup-shaped cavity of the hip bone that recieves the head of the femur to form the hip joint
- joint-to fuse together
- - fixation of stiffening of a joint by surgery
- -separation of normally jointed parts
- - large wing-shaped bone at the upper and posterior part of the pelvis
- - basin-shaped ring of bones, ligaments and muscles at the base of the spine
- -also, and basin-shaped cavity, like the pelvis of the kidney
- - lower and posterior part of the hip bone
- - ischia
- - alternative name for the pelvic bone
- radiation-study of
- - study of medical imaging (x-rays, MRI, etc)
- sacrum-ilium-pertaining to
- - joint between the sacrum and the ilium
- "grow together"
- - two bones jointed by fibrocartilage, ex. two pelvic bones
- away from-to lead- thing that does
- - muscles that move the thigh away from the midline
- toward-to lead-action
- - action of moving toward the midline
- - three muscles in the buttocks
- "biggest, or the greatest"
- - largest muscle in the body, covering a large part of each buttocks
- - partly covered by the gluteus maximus
- - lies under the medius
- - an artificial part to remedy a defect in the body
- together-side-pertaining to
- - situated at the side, often to bypass an obstruction
- - shaped like a cross, internal ligaments of the knee joint
- "clasp or buckle"
- - smaller of the two bones of the lower leg
- - disc of cartilage between the bones of a joint ex. the knee
- "small plate"
- - thin, circular bone in front of the knee joint, embedded in the patellar tendon
- ham, back of the knee-pertaining to ditch
- - the hollow at the back of the knee
- four-head femur-belonging to
- - an anterior thigh muscle with four heads
- "large shinbone"
- - the larger gone of the lower leg
anterior cruciate ligament
posterior cruciate ligament
- - aspiration of fluid from a joint
- - a closed sac containing synovial fluid
- removal- rubbish-action
- - removal of injured or necrotic tissue
- "break, fracture"
- - break or tear of any organ or body part
- - a swelling at the base of the big toe
- - bone of the tarsus that forms the heel
- Achilles Tendon
- "a band"
- - sheet of fibrous connective tissue
- calf of the leg-pertaining to
- big toe - turn out
- - deviation of the big toe toward the lateral side of the foot
- after-ankle- pertaining to
- - five parallel bones of the foot between the tarsus and the phalanges
fracture of the lower end of the fibula, often with fracture of the tibial malleolus
-tear in a ligament
- "to bind"
- - overstretch or tear in a muscle or tendon
- "heel bone"
- - articulates with the tibia to form the ankle joint
- around-to lead-action
- - movement of an extremity ina circular motion
- - turning outward
- "to turn about"
- - turning inward
- "lying down"
- - lying down flat on your belly
bend backward- action
- "bend backward"
- -lying face up