Lab 1 Test Microscopes
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
located in base, light passes directly upward
- platform slide rests on while being viewed, has hole in it to permit light to pass through
- some have spring clips or a mechanical stage with two adjustable knobs that control movment of the specimen
- small substage lense that concentrates the light on the specimen
- may have a knob that raises and lowers the condenser to vary light delivery
Iris Diaphragm Level
arm attached to base of condenser that regulates the amount of light passing trough
Course Adjustment Knob
used to focus on the specimen
Fine Adjustment Knob
used for precise focusing once coarse focusing has been completed
supports the objective lenses system and the ocular lens(es)
vertical portion of the microscope connecting the base and head
- one or two lenses at the superior end of the head
- has magnification of 10x
- rotating mechanism at the base of the head
- carries three to four objective lenses
- use to change objective lenses
- adjustable lens system:
- RED 4x (scanning power)
- YELLOW 10x (lower power)
- BLUE 40x (higher power)
- WHITE 100x (oil immersion)
When you move from one objective to another, the picture will still stay focused.
The ability to discriminate two close objects as seperate.
Field of View (FOV)
- The diameter of the circle of light you see when looking into the microscope.
- As power gets greater - FOV gets smaller.
Equal to the power of the ocular lens multipied by the power of the objective lens.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview