The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Describe the intergrative centers.
- Concerned with performance of complex processes such as speech, writing, mathematics, and spatial relationships.
- Restricted to either right or left hemisphere
What are the functional groups of white matter in inner cerebrum?
- Association fibers
- Commissural fibers
- Projection fibers
Describe Association fibers.
Interconnect areas of neural cortex within a hemisphere.
Describe Commissural fibers.
- Corpus callosum: Most substantial and important of commissural fibers. Contains more than 200 million axons carrying more than 4 billion impulses per second.
- Anterior commissure
- Posterior commissure
Describe projection fibers.
- Link cerebral cortex to other CNS areas
- Includes both sensory (ascending) and motor (descending) fibers
- All must pass through diencephalon
- Entire mass known as the internal capsule
What is a electroencephalogram?
Electrical activity generates an electrical field that can be measured using electrodes on the scalp.