English 101 Vocab
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
A system or organization in which people or groups are ranked one above the other according to status or authority.
- -A very typical example of a certain person or thing.
- -An original that has been imitated.
- -(of a deity) Having unlimited power; able to do anything.
- - (n)God
- -An unbroken view of the whole region surrounding an observer.
- -A picture or photograph containing a wide view.
- -Syn: Wide view, landscape
- -A solution or remedy for all difficulties or diseases
- -Syn: Cure all, heal all.
-Wild and noisy disorder or confusion; uproar.
- -A state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.
- -Absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal.
- -Syn: Chaos, misrule.
- -Lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
- -Syn: Indifference, unconcern
- -Exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
- -Syn: Exaggeration
- -A supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.
- -A proposition made as a basis for reasoning, without any assumption of its truth.
- -Syn: assumption
- -Lacking a moral sense; unconcerned with the rightness or wrongness of something.
- -Syn: immoral
- -(of an animal or person) Feeding on food of both plant and animal origin.
- -Taking in or using whatever is available: "an omnivorous reader
- -Positioned in or relating to the sky, or outer space as observed in astronomy.
- -Belonging or relating to heaven.
- -Syn: heavenly, supernal, divine.
- -A side part of something, esp. a shoot or branch growing out from the side of a stem.
- -Syn: sideways, side, collateral
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview