1. Commonly known by abbreviation: RA
2. Chronic autoimmune disorder in which synovial membranes become inflamed and thickened so joints become increasingly swollen, painful, and immobile.
3. Some other organs of the body may also be attaacked uch as chest pain on taking a breath, dry eyes and mouth, numbness, tingling, and/or burning of hands & feet, and nodules under the skin.
4. More common in middle age and among women.
5. May be linked to infection, genes, or hormones.
6. Test for it with Rheumatoid factor test or Anti-CCP antibody test.