The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Regarding VPN's, what is the term used to describe the process of encapsulating private data with public data?
What does RRAS stand for?
Routing and Remote Access Services
To provide remote access to VPN clients, a Windows network must include a number of features. At a minimum, these features include....
What additional features are typically included?
- The VPN client and client software (or network connection in Windows)
- A VPN server running Routing and Remote Access Services (RRAS)
- An internal DNS server
- Domain controller
- Certificate server
- DHCP server
Generally speaking, what three ways can Windows 7 be configured with a VPN client?
- A Windows 7 VPN connection
- A Connection Manager (CM) client
- A Third Party client
For authentication on a VPN server, RRAS can be configured to forward the authentication request to a ______, or use _____ authentication.
RADIUS (NPS), Windows
What do RADIUS and NPS stand for?
- RADIUS - Remote Authentication Dial In User Service
- NPS - Network Policy Server
***NPS is the Microsoft implementation of a RADIUS server and proxy.
Name the four tunneling protocols for remote access supported by Windows 7.
What protocol is required to use VPN Reconnect?
What is the main purpose/advantage of VPN Reconnect?
It is a feature that enable VPN connections to be maintained when a VPN client moves between wireless hotspots or switches from a wireless to a wired connection.
What is the primary advantage of a Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP) VPN?
Because it uses HTTP-over-SSL and uses port 443 for communication (like secure web traffic), it can traverse most network firewalls.
Name two drawbacks to using L2TP (Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol) VPN
- L2TP/IPSec requires client computer authentication
- They do not natively support traversal of NAT devices
Although PPTP (Point-to-Point-Tunneling-Protocol) is the easiest VPN protocol to implement, it's major drawback when compared to other options is....
PPTP is not as secure as other protocols as it does not ensure data integrity or data origin authentication.
List the six steps in the Remote Access VPN Connectivity Process
- 1. The VPN client contacts the VPN server
- 2. The VPN tunnel is negotiated
- 3. The VPN tunnel is created
- 4. Remote access authentication is performed
- 5. Remote access authorization is performed
- 6. The VPN connection is established
Give a brief, simple description of DirectAccess
DirectAccess is a new technology that automatically establishes bidirectional connectivity between a remote user's computer and that user's company intranet.
What versions of Windows support DirectAccess?
Windows 7 Enterprise, Ultimate and Windows Server 2008 R2
Name four benefits of DirectAccess
- Always-on connectivity
- Seamlies connectivity
- Bidirectional access
- Enhanced security
DirectAccess can work with IPv4. True or False
DirectAccess requres IPv6