Chapter 6/early childhood
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What age is infantcy?
birth to 12 months
What age is toddler?
What age is early childhood?
- 3-6 years
- includes preschool, kindergarden, head start, VPK
What are the 2 big goals for preschool?
- 1. To help children develop social competence
- (most pick some up from trips to the library, park, family)
- 2. To help children become enthusiastic learners
- (nonenthusiasm = falling behind in school and not understanding)
In order to achieve the 2 big goals of preschool, hat 4 areas of development are addressed in preschool?
- 1) Social
- 2) Emotional
- 3) Cognitive
- 4) Physical
What 6 things are preschoolers learning?
- 1) learning about self
- 2) learning about feelings
- 3) learning about other people
- 4) learning about communication
- 5) learning to move and do
- 6) learning about thinking
The equilateral model has 3 influences; what are they?
- 1) children
- 2) families
- 3) caregiver/teacher
name the areas of the equilateral model from top to bottom
- routines and activites
- guiding behavior
- planning and evaluating
what are the routines that we talked about with the equilateral triangle?
- hellos and goodbyes
- diapering and toileting
- eating and mealtimes
- sleeping and napping
- getting dressed
what are the activities that we talked with the equilateral triangle
- playing with toys
- dabbling in art
- imitating and pretending
- enjoying stories and books
- tasting and preperation of food
- exploring sand and water
- having fun with music and movement
- going outdoors
what is a childs deepest desire?
to be a big person
what are the 10 centers of a classroom
- house corner
- table toys
- sand and water
- music and movement
What do children think with?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview