Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- author "me"
- tags ""
- description "Jan 27"
- fileName "Imperialism"
- freezingBlueDBID -1.0
- What are the five time periods of imperialism
- 1. Ancient
- 2. Medieval
- 3. Old
- *4. New: africa, asia, islands
- 5. Modern: economics
When was the spanish american war
1898 only lasted six months
What were the causes of the war
- 1. Cuban unrest
- 2. Yellow journalism
- 3. Battle ship maine exploded in havana harbor
What events happened during the war
- 1. Commodore dewey to kes philipines w/ filpine help
- 2. Roosevelts rough riders take san juan hill in cuba
- 3. Puero rico conquered
What were the outcomes
- 1. Philipines= us colony- 1898-1942, 1944-1946
- 2. Cuba- conditional independence
- - us protectorate 1898-1959
- 3. Puerto Rico= colony»territory 1898-2012
What year was alaska purchase
What were the five involments between the us and china
- 1. England vs china= 1840's and 1850's- opium wars
- 2. China= spheres of influence= economic control
- 3. 1890's secr. Of state: john hayes open door policy free trade in china
- 4. 1899- chinese revolution= boxer rebellion defeated by multi nation army of us troops
- 5. 1912-chinese to democracy us backs
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview