Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the scientific name and street name of a bacteria with no cell wall?
- mycoplasma pneumonia
- (walking pneumonia)
What type of bacteria is mycobacterium?
What gram negative bacteria is ubiquitous(lives in soil), has a bacillis shape, loves water, and has smaller porin proteins?
What does pseudomonas aeroginosa cause?
- swimmers ear
- death by suffocation in cystic fibrosis patients
Who are at high risk of being infected with pseudomonas aeroginosa?
- cystic fibrosis patients
- burn patients
What diseases have a glycocalx capsule?
- streptococcus mutans
- streptococcus pnemonia
What chain of circular bacteria becomes an opportunist in the mouth?
What normal flora in the throat causes pnemonia in the lungs?
What does the antibiotic penicillin do?
- digests the peptidoglycan of bacteria
- prevents from binary fission being completed
- *new bacteria cells made without peptidoglycan will burst
What disease uses the endorspore mechanism to survive?
What do the endospores of C. tetani do to the body?
- release exotoxins
- exotoxins caught lockjaw and other tight painful contractions
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview