billing and coding chapter 12
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Money or revenue received and spent within a business
PAYMENTS OR CASH FLOW
the receipt of payment in exchange for the medical services provided to a patient
the earnings or source of income.
the amount of money owed for services already rendered
daily log or spreadsheet of the financial activity in the office
forms that list the patient's record of service and payments
LEDGER OR LEDGER CARD
accounting system that requires only one entry. information is carried through carbonless paper onto the ledger card, day sheet, and receipt.
PEGBOARD SYSTEM [ONCE-WRITE]
The statement that accompanies an insurance payment is known as
Remittance Advice [RA] or Explanation or Benefits [EOB]
Advantages to a computerized office
1. better management control and more current information at the office's disposal
2. increased effeciency
3. more accurately monitored accounts receivabe
4. improved collection techniques
5. electronic claim submission [paperless claim]
If a claim is underpaid or denied, the medical coder must first make sure of the following
1. all information is correct- patient demographics, codes, dates of service.
2. the claim documentation supports the coding
3. explain the reason for the appeal, claim was underpaid or denied.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview