The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- -Hardening of the arteries.
- -Greatly increases resistance to blood flow, causing the heart to work harder
- -Deposition of materials in the walls of arteries.
- -Affects larger arteries and veins.
- -resrtict blood flow through vessels.
Bulging at a weak spot in a blood vessels wall.
-Fragments of thromboses that break free and travel around in the body
Layers of blood vessel walls
- -tunica intima- innermost layer
- -tunica media
- -tunica adventica- outer most layer
- -innermost layer of blood vessel wall.
- -endothelial tissue
- -middle layer of blood vessel wall.
- -composed mostly of smooth muscle or elastic tissues
- -outermost layer
- -connective tissue