Med Terms Chapter 3
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
1. Which two benefits can be gained by locating network equipment in a telecommunications closet, rather than in a user area? (Choose two.)
- **improved physical security
- **centralized cable management
Which three issues should be noted on the technician’s site survey report? (Choose three.)
- **unlabeled cables
- **poor physical security of network devices
- **lack of UPS for critical devices
Which two types of cable are used for initial router configuration? (Choose two.)
- **rollover cable
- **console cable
In addition to the inventory sheet, what other information about the hosts and networking equipment should be documented by the on-site technician while performing the site survey?
**any planned growth anticipated in the near future
Refer to the exhibit. What type of device is used to connect two networks?
It is said that the goal for availability of a communications system is “five-9s”. What is meant by this?
**A network needs to be available 99.999% of the time
What three things are included in a logical topology document? (Choose three.)
- **the path that the data takes through a network
- **the device names and Layer 3 addressing information
- **the location of routing, network address translation, and firewall filtering
Which device has the ability to break up broadcast and collision domains?
Why is it important to review the results of an on-site survey report with the customer before beginning the network design?
**to verify that the report accurately describes the current network and any plans for expansion
A client requires a networking device that is capable of expansion to suit growing network demands. What type of device will suit this requirement?
**a networking device with a modular physical configuration
What does the use of redundant network components supply to a network?
What is the benefit for a company to use an ISR router?
**An ISR provides the functionality of a switch, router, and firewall in one device.
13. Which three items are typically found in an MDF? (Choose three.)
- **switches and routers
- **network equipment racks
- **the point of presence
What are two advantages of having ISP-managed services? (Choose two.)
- **can guarantee up to 99.999% availability
- **increases availability of help desk services
A manufacturing company is in the process of a network upgrade. Which two statements are true about the phases of the upgrade process? (Choose two.)
- **Phase 1 is used to determine network requirements.
- **Phase 3 is based on an implementation schedule that allows extra time for unexpected events.
When designing a network upgrade, which two tasks should the onsite technician perform? (Choose two.)
- **investigate and document the physical layout of the premises
- **perform a site survey to document the existing network structure
What is the term for the location at the customer premise where the customer network physically connects to the Internet through a telecommunications service provider?
**point of presence
Refer to the exhibit. Which type of twisted pair cable is used between each device?
**A=console, B=straight, C=straight, D=crossover, E=crossover
In what two ways will entering into a managed service agreement with an ISP for a network upgrade affect the costs that are incurred by the customer? (Choose two.)
- **Network upgrade and maintenance costs will become predictable.Staffing costs will increase because the customer will need to hire additional IT staff to complete the upgrade.
- **The company will not need to spend a large amount of money to purchase the equipment upfront.
Which type of cable has a solid copper core with several protective layers including PVC, braided wire shielding, and a plastic covering?
What must be added when a network expands beyond the coverage area of the current telecommunications room?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview