The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Why is it often procedures or exams done on the farm?
- animals are large
- transportation is a challenge
- Ambularory vet
What kind of problems occur in large animal medicine?
- Often too expensive to treat
- disease treatable
- not economically feasible for farmer/owner
- Owners often treat animals themselves
More mistakes are made by ___ _______ than by ___ _____.
More mistakes are made by not looking than by not knowing.
What are the goals of large animal medicine?
- to provide treatment and control
- share prognosis with client
- *if prognosis is bad the animal might be euthanized
What is the difference between complete exam and problem oriented exam?
- In complete exam you check everything.
- In problem oriented exam you are more focused, more limited, combine with differential diagnosis, common with re-check
What are the principles of clinical examination?
- Owners complaint
- observation (environment and patient)
- Hand on (safety, haltering, and leading)
- Restraint or sedation