Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the five types of blood vessels?
- 1. Arteries
- 2. Arterioles
- 3. Capillaries
- 4. Venules
- 5. Veins
Which side of the heart recieves oxygen-poor blood?
The right side.
What is the flow of blood through the heart?
- 1. Oxygen-poor blood comes into the right atrium through the vena cava.
- 2. Right atrium to right ventricle.
- 3. Right ventricle to pulmonary artery.
- 4. Pulmonary artery to lungs.
- 5. Lungs to pulmonary vein.
- 6. Pulmonary vein to the left atrium.
- 7. Left atrirum to the left ventricle.
- 8. Left ventricle out the aorta to the rest of the arteries in the body.
What characteristics of external bleeding come with arterial bleeds, venous bleeds and capillary bleeds?
- 1. Arterial bleeds - bright red spurting
- 2. Venous bleeds - dark red and flows smoothly
- 3. Capillary bleeds - dark red and oozes
What are the signs of hypovolemic shock?
- 1. Altered mental status
- 2. Tachycardia
- 3. Weakness, fainting or dizziness at rest
- 4. Thirst
- 5. Nausea and vomiting
- 6. Cold, moist (clammy) skin
- 7. Shallow rapid breathing
- 8. Dull eyes
- 9. Dialated or slow to respond pupils
- 10. Capillary refill of more than 2 seconds
- 11. Weak, rapid (thready) pulse
- 12. Decreasing BP
- 13. Altered level of consciousness
What is hemoptysis?
Coughing up blood
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview