The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the two layers of skin?
- 1. Epidermis - outer layer
- 2. Dermis - the inner layer of skin
What is a closed injury?
An injury that occurs in the soft-tissue below the skin.
What is an open injury?
An injury where there is a break in the skin.
What are the ways to create a burn?
- 1. Thermal heat
- 2. Friction heat
- 3. Toxic chemicals
- 4. Electricity
- 5. Nuclear radiation
What are the classes of open injuries?
- 1. Abrasions
- 2. Lacerations
- 3. Avulsions
- 4. Penetrating wounds
What are the different types of burns?
- 1. Superficial (first-degree)
- 2. Partial-thickness (second-degree)
- 3. Full-thickness (third-degree)