Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
one that exists as part of the coded set.
defined after the fact. exp. coding burn between 3rd and 4th toes on L foot is generated by the data by combining terms form different axeses
Most commonly used controlled terminology
- ICD used mostly for diagnoses
- CMS requires its use on billing claims CM-clinical modification defined by US
the more popular set of teminologies in use today
- controled vocabularies - way to oganize knowledge for subsequent retreival, mandate the use of predefined authurised terms.
- .icd 9 and 10-internation classification of disease, created by WHO
- .AMA common procedural termionlogy
- .dignostic related group-used by CMS
- .NCD national drug codes-FDA
a specific data element-gender
value set M F
y or x chrom
semantic interoperability is still unattainable
group together diagnoses and procedures that are similar resources users for billing purposes
deals w/ ?'s concerning what entities exist or can be said to exist. how entities can be grouped, related w/in hierarchy and subdivided accord. to similarities and differences.
- practice and science of clasification
- Typically arranged in a hierarchical structure( parent-child relationships)
groupijng objects into a class or clases according to some common relatios or attributes. exp icd9 or icd 10, icpc
- a system of names or terms used in a prticular science or art consistent, systematic method of naming to denote classifications and avoid ambiguities
- names of anatomical structures or organs of the body are usuallu referred to as nomenclature. EXP-SNOMED..clinical healthcare teminology
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview