Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Who was in the Triple Entente?
Britain, France and Russia
Who was in the Triple Alliance?
Italy, Germany, Austria-Hungary
Causes for World War 1?
- Militarism: glorifying military and having an army prepared for war
What event sparked World War 1?
Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assasinated and Austria declared war on Serbia
What is the Schleifen plan?
When a large part of the German army raced west to defeat france and then returned to fight Russia in the east
What did germanys and russias mobilization cause?
The germans declared war on Russia.
Who were the central powers?
- Germany and Austria-Hungary. Bulgaria and Ottoman empire joined later.
- (Triple Alliance)
Who were the allied powers?
- Great Britain, France and Russia.
- Japan and Italy joined the allies later
- (Triple Entenete).
What was the Trench warfare?
- A war where soldiers fought each other from trenches. They dug these holes to protect them from enemy fires.
- "No mans land"
What were some new weapons of WWI?
- Poison gas
- Machine Gun
What happened on the war in the eastern front?
- Russians and Serbs battled the Germans Austrians and Turks
- This was a more mobile war.
Why did Russia war efforts weaken?
Becasue they were not industrialized even though they were large.
What is unrestricted submarine warfare?
The Germans announced that their submarines would sink without warning any ships around the Britain area.
What side did the Americans join when they entered war?
When did they enter the war?
In 1917 president Wilson delcared war and joined the allies.
What was the zimmeran note?
It said that germans secretary told the ambassador of mexico that they would help mexico regain the land it lost to usa if mexico would ally with germany. This made usa join the war
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview