Bio 124 -Exam 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- -Basic body component that makes up fungus
- -Can live inside the fected organism as well as on the outside
- -secretes exoenzymes
How is Lichen a mutualistic symbiont
- -algal cell is protectd against drying out because fungal hypahe allows it to remain moist by absorbing water
- -fungal hyphae gains carbohydrates from algal cell
- -one species made up of 2 organisms (photsynthetic organisms and fungus)
- -break down rocks and set stage for invasion of other organisms
2 examples of mutualistic symbionts
lichens & mycorrhizae
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview