Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
gene variant is in less than 1% of population
- inheritance of genes that are unique to a sex chromosomes
- pseudoautosomal genes – genes on both sex chromosomes appear to be on autosomes
- An allele is expressed differently in each sex.
- Behaving dominantly in one sex and recessively in the other
An allele is only expressed in one or the other sex
Dominance hierarchy will exist for multiple alleles
- versions of genes w/potential to cause the death of the organism
- typically mutations in essential genes
- recessives and dominant inheritance patterns
- are those not absolutely required for survival
- mutation deleterious
- are those that are absolutely required for survival
- The absence of their protein product leads to a lethal phenotype
- It is estimated that about 1/3 of all genes are essential for survival
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview