Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
observable qualities such as texture, smell, color, shape, sounds
numerical measurements of objects or quantities of objects
microscope micrometer scale:
low power lens:
high power lens:
- scanning lens: 25 um
- low power lens: 10 um
- high power lens: 2.5 um
- the ability to use energy
- includes all of the chemical reactions in the body
the maintenance of a constant internal environment, despite changes in an organism's external environment
the ability of living things to respond to stimuli
production of new body cells to form the new individual, resulting in a genetically identical copy of the original organism
production of genetically variable sex cells called gametes which, when combined, will result in new genetic combination in the offspring
a characteristic of a species that allows survival
3 types of adaptation:
- physical -- body form or covering
- physiological -- involves internal body chemistry or timing of life processes
- behavioral -- how the animal reacts to external stimuli that aids their survival or reproductive success
what color stripe does each objective lens have?
- scanning - red
- low power - yellow
- high power - blue
what are the powers of the ocular lens and the three objective lenses?
- ocular - 10x
- scanning - 4x
- low power - 10x
- high power - 40x
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview