Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The AP initiated in the SA (Sino atrial) Node spreadsthroughout the myocardium.
Depolarization spreads through atria muscle cells.
*Rapid conduction allows the right and left atria to contract simultaneously.
- AP spreads through the right atrium causes depolarization
- of the AV (atrio ventricular) Node.
- AP leaves AV node and propagates down the interventricular
make contact w/ ventricular myocardial cells, impulse is spread through remainder of ventricles.
Compare & contrast the AV Node and Perkinje fibers.
- AV Node
- -Small diameter cells.
- -Small density of gap junctions
- JOB: AV delay (enables atrial contraction before ventricular excitation)
- Perkinje fibers
- -Large diameter cells.
- -Large density of gap junctions
- JOB: large diameter cells that rapidly distribute the impulse throughout ventricles.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview