Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
OATH OF HIPPOCRATES
FIRST STANDARDS OF MEDICAL CONDUCT AND ETHICS
MORAL PRINCIPLES AND STANDARDS IN THE MEDICAL PROFESSION
CODE OF CONDUCT, COURTESY, AND MANNERS CUSTOMARY IN THE MED. PROFESSION
BRANCH OF ETHICS CONCERNING MORAL ISSUES, QUESTIONS, AND PROBLEMS THAT ARISE IN THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE AND IN BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH
INFORMATION IN A MEDICAL RECORD
PRINCIPLES OF MEDICAL ETHICS
MODERN CODE OF ETHICS
WHAT DOES HIPAA STAND FOR?
HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT
WHAT ARE THE 3 ITEMS A ONE- TIME SIGNED CONSENT FORM COVERS?
- 1. TREATMENT
- 2. PAYMENT
- 3. ROUTINE HEALTH CARE OPERATIONS
WHAT FORM MUST BE OBTAIN FOR USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION NOT INCLUDED IN THE CONSENT FORM?
Information about a patient's past, present, or future health condition that contains personal identifying data is called _____?
(PHI) Protected Health Information
What does the privacy rule provide
- 1.It provides a strong federal protection for the privacy of patients without interferring with the quality of health care or its access.
- 2. Gives patients more control over their health information
- 3. Violators are subjected to a fine or imprisoned
State the definition of compliance plan
- A written document that includes:
- 1. Office policies and procedures
- 2. Rules to follow
- 3. Practice standards
- 4. Compliance officer
What is the common term for litigation?
The phrase used today for medical malpractice is
Medical professional liability
Name 2 types of medical professional liabilty insurance
- 1.Claims incurred
- 2. Claims made
A physician is legally responsible for any act you perform while in his employ.
Respondeat superior- "Let the master answer" also known as Vicarious liabilty
a wrongful act, not including a breach of contract or trust, that results in injury to another's person, property, reputation, or the like, and for which the injured party is entitled to compensation.
wrongful treatment of the patient
lawful treatment done in the wrong way
failure of the physician to do anything
carelessness or negligence by a professional person
Reckless disregard for the safety of another; being indefferent to an injury that could occur
Name the 3 pricipal defenses in a malpractice lawsuit
- 1. Contributory negligence
- 2.Assumption of risk
- 3.Statue of limitation
Name 3 alternatives to the litigation process
- • Screening panel
- – Issue advisory opinions
- – Cannot legally bar litigation
- • Arbitration
- – Waive right to a court trial
- – Can be legally binding
- • No-Fault Insurance
- – Compensation without regard to fault
Name 3 types of bonding
- 1. Position- scheduling bonding
- 2. Blanket- position bonding
- 3. Personal bonding
Name 3 circumstances in which a minor may become emancipated
- 1. A parent ( even if not married)
- 2. On active duty in the military service
- 3. Living apart from parents and managing their own financial affairs
- • Definition: “under penalty”
- • Court order for a witness to give testimony – Expert testimony
Subpoena duces tecum
- – “Under penalty you shall bring with you”
- – Court order for the witness (physician) to bring the medical record
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview