Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 4 dimensions of a business
- •The Product-Market Investment Strategy – where to compete
- •The Customer Value Proposition
- •Assets and Competencies
- •Functional Strategies and Programs
What are the 4 alternatives for investment and when might you use them?
- •Invest to grow (or enter a product market)
- •Invest only to maintain the existing position
- •Milk the business by minimizing investment
- •Recover as many of the assets as possible by
- liquidating or divesting the business
What are the possible growth directions?
- 1. market penetration
- 2. product expansion
- 3. Market Expansion
- 4. diversification
What is the Customer Value Proposition (CVP) and
what are the perceived benefits to the customer? What are some examples of CVPs?
- Perceived benefit to
- •A good value
- •Excellence on an important product or service attribute
- •The best overall quality
- •Product line breadth
- •Innovative offerings
- •A shared passion for an activity or a product
- connections and prestige
What are strategic assets and strategic
competencies, and why are they important to have?
- –What a business unit does
- exceptionally well
- –Has strategic importance to the
–Based on knowledge or a process
- –A resource
What are some examples of functional
•Information technology strategy
- Sourcing Strategy
- •Global strategy
- •Customer relationship
- •Social technology
What are the 5 criteria used to select a
•Is the ROI attractive?
•Is there a SCA?
•Will the strategy have success in the future?
•Is the strategy feasible?
- •Does the strategy fit with the other
- strategies of the firm?
What is an SCA and how is it different from a
What are the 7 objectives of strategic market
- the consideration of strategic choices.
- a business cope with change.
- visible the resource allocation decision.
- strategic analysis and decision making.
- a strategic management and control system.
- both horizontal and vertical communication and coordination systems.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview