The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the five summary questions for chapter 9 (motivation and emotion)
- -How does motivation activate, direct, and sustain behavior?
- -What determines how we eat?
- -What factors motivate sexual behavior?
- -How are emotions adaptive?
- -How do people experience emotions?
How does motivation activate, direct, and sustain behavior?
- -multiple factors motivate behavior
- -some behaviors are motivated for their own sake
- -people set goals to achieve
- -people have a need to belong
What determines how we eat?
- -times and taste play roles
- -culture determines what we eat
- -multiple neural processes control eating
What factors motivate sexual behavior?
- -biological factors influence sexual behavior
- -cultural scripts and cultural rules shape sexual interactions
- -mating strategies differ between the sexes
- -people differ in sexual orientation
How are emotions adaptive?
- -facial expressions communicate emotion
- -emotions serve cognitive functions
- -emotions strengthen interpersonal relations
How do people experience emotions?
- -emotions have a subjective component
- -emotions have a physiological component
- -emotions have a cognitive component
- -people regulate their moods