The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Chapter 10 summary questions (health and well-being)
(There are four)
- -Can psychosocial factors affect health?
- -How do people cope with stress?
- -What behaviors afect mental and physical health?
- -Can a positive attitude keep us healthy?
Can psychosocial factors affect health?
- -the biopsychsocial model of health incorporates multiple perspectives for understanding and improving health
- -behavior contributes to the leading causes of death
- -placebos can be powerful medicine
How do people cope with stress?
- -stress has physiological components
- -there are sex differences in reponses to stressors
- -the general adaption syndrome is a bodily response to stress
- -stress affects health
- -coping is a process
What behaviors affect mental and physical health?
- -obesity results from a genetic predisposition and overeating
- -smoking is a leading cause of death
- -exercise has physical, emotional, and cognitive behaviors
- -there are ethnic differences in health behaviors
Can a positive attitude keep us healthy?
- -being positive has health benefits
- -social support and social integration are associated with good health
- -trust and health are related across cultures
- -spirituality contributes to well-being