The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Houses chromosomes. made ofchromatin (DNA. the geneticmaterial, and proteins); contains nucleoli. where ribosomal subunits are made Pores regulate entry and exit ofmaterials.
Surrounded by nuclear envelope(double membrane) perforated bynuclear pores. The nuclear envelope is continuous with the endoplasmшс retшсulum (ER).
Two subunits made of ribosoma lRNA and proteins: can be free in cytosol or bound to ER
htensive network of membrane-bounded tubules and sacs; membrane separates lumen from cytosol: continuous with the nuclear envelope
Rough ER Functions
- - Aids in synthesis ofsecretory and other proteins from bound ribosomes;
- - adds carbohydrates to glycoproteins:
- - produces new membrane
Smooth ER Functions
- - synthesis oflipids, metabolism of carbohydrates.
- - Cal2+ storage,
- - detoxification of drugs and poisons
Stacks of flattened membranous sacs; has polarity (cis and trans faces)
- Modification of proteins,
- carbo-hydrates on proteins. and phospholipids:
- synthesis of many polysaccharides:
- sorting of Golgi products, which are then released in vesicles
Membranous sac of hydrolytic enzymes (in animal cells)
- Breakdown of ingested substances,
- cell macromolecules. and damaged organelles for recycling
large membrane-bounded vesicle In plants
Digestion, storage. waste disposal.water balance, cell growth, and protection
Bounded by double membrane;inner membrane has infoldings(cristae)
Functions: ATP producer
Typically two membranes around fluid stroma, which contains membranous thylakoids stacked into grana (in plants)
Specialiled metabolic compartment bounded by a single membrane
Contains enzymes that transferhydrogen to water, producing hydrogen peroxide (H202) as a by-product, which is converted to water by other enzymes in the peroxisome
nucleus, rough ER, smooth ER, mitochondrion, centrosome,chloroplast, vacuole, lysosome, microtubule, cell wall, EeM,microfilament, Golgi apparatus, intermediate filament,plasma membrane, peroxisome, ribosome, nucleolus, nuclearpore, vesicle, flagellum, microvilli, plasmodesma