Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. What indicates the general meaning of a medical term?
2. What is adder to the beginning of a medical term?
3. What is added to the end of a medical term?
4. What is used to connect other medical word parts?
5. The directional term known as being the front is?
11. The term that is known as lying on the spine is?
12. The term that is known as lying on the stomach face down is?
1. The four functions of the skin are:
- a) Protection House
- b) Nerve Receptors
- c) Secretes Fluid
- d) Regulate Temperature
2. The three layers of the skin are:
- a) Epidermis (Thin Outer Layer)
- b) Dermis (Middle Layer)
- c) Subcutaneous (Inner Most Layer - Deepest)
3. The three types of burns are:
- a) First Degree (Outer Layer)
- b) Second Degree (Outer and Under Layer)
- c) Third Degree (Deepest Layer)
5. What are the three types of fractures?
- a) Open or Compound Fracture
- b) Closed Fracture
- c) Stress Fracture
6. The directional term known as being in the back is?
7. The directional term known as being below is?
8. The directional term known as being above is?
9. The directional term known as being side is?
10. The directional term known as being in the middle?
4. Three types of skin cancer:
- a) Basal Cell Cancer
- b) Squamous
- c) Melanoma
1. What two parts of the human anatomy that are involved with the musculoskeletal system?
- a) Muscular Components
- b) Skeletal Components
2. What term is known as inflammation of the skeletal muscles?
3. What medical term refers to the skull?
Crani-o or Cranium
4. What are the five sections of the spinal column?
- a) Cervical
- b) Thoracic
- c) Lumbar
- d) Sacrum
- e) Coccyx
6. Joint inflammation is also known as:
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview