Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
; difficulty, obstacle
2. a secondary disease, an accident, or a negative reaction occurring during the course of an illness and usually aggravating the illness
-Thank you for coming without complications/problems.
; plan, programe
1. goverment control
2. a systematic plan for theraphy
-diet regimen, daily beaty regimen
a leap year
;intercalary or bissextile year
- <-> a common year
- a year containing one additional day
- We need a staff.
- We need the staff.
touch and go
a. dangerous and uncertain in nature or outcome; precarious, delicate 아슬아슬
-She is fine now, but it was touch and go for a while.
- -Are you failing your class?
- No, but it was touch and go.
throw in the towel
;throw in the sponge
admit to defeat; quit
-It's too soon throw in the towel.
at (the) most
at least최소한<-> at most최대한
- -How long can you stay here?
- At most 3 months.
-I don't do very well in this exam. I think I would get C+ at the most.
- v. take delight in; enjoy, delight
- n. merrymaking
-Are you here to revel in your glory?
-I was a shoulder to cry on.
-When the world is gone, you will always have my shoulder to cry on.
-I have been in agony.
I am trouble in fitting in.
1. a person regarded as greedy and pig-like; selfish person
2. take more than one's share; take greedily
-Don't hog TV too much.
I am at your service.
- 잘 부탁합니다.
- ready to do anything
smack dab in the middle
-Kansas is smack dab in the middle of the US.
-I am standing smack-dab in the middle of the freeway.
bad hair day
-I am having a bad hair day.
1. a day which one's hair is untidy and unmanageable
2. a day of mishaps and general irritation ; a day when everything seems to go wrong
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview