Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
5th statement of faith
- salvation of man-
- Man's only hope for salvation is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God.
- Condiditons to salvation are repentance, faith, and regeneration.
- The evidences of salvation are the inward, which is the direct witness of the spirit; and outward, which is a life of righteousness and true holiness.
- Luke 24:47
6th statement of faith
The ordinances of the church-
- Baptism by water:
- 1. we believe in baptism by immersion
- 2. the symbolism is that we arecrucified with Christ under the water
- 3. we are raised in newness of life when we come out of the water
- Matt. 28:19
- Holy Communion:
- 1. the bread and wine are symbols of Jesus' broken body and His spilled blood.
- 2. these symbols are to help us remember what His death was all about.
- 3. they are a prophesy of His second coming, we are to do this until He comes back
- 2 Peter 1:4
7th statement of faith
- baptism of the Holy Spirit-
- For all believers
- normal experience in early church
- endowment of power for life and service
- comes after salvation
- a deepened love for Christ, the Word, and the lost
- Mark 16:20
- Acts 2:1-4 Jews
- Acts 10:44-48 Gentiles
- Acts 19:1-7 Ephesians
8th statement of faith
initial physical evidence of the baptism of the Holy Spirit-
- 1. initial physical evidence of speaking in other tongues
- 2. same in essence as the gift of tongues but different in purpose and use
- Acts 2:4
9th statement of faith
- sanctification is an act of separation from evil and separation to God
- Hebrews 13:12
10th statement of faith
the church and it's mission-
every believer is a vital part of the church and is given divine appointments
- the church exists for:
- 1. worship of God
- 2. discipleship - grown in His image
- 3. evangelism of the world
- all of the purposes of the church depend upon the work of the Holy Spirit
- Hebrews 12:23
when the symbols become the body of Christ
the study of salvation
What is God's part in slavation?
convict and save
What is our part in salvation?
confess and believe
the outward act of prayer and salvation
inner work of the Spirit that brings redemption, changing of natures
to buy back by the paying of a price
change of relationship between God and man
- (root word – separate); not only turning away from sin, but turning and
- growing in the image of God, what God does in us
to declare righteous, what God does for us
What are the verses in the Romans road?
- Romans 3:23 - “for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” –
- Who has sinned? All
- Romans 5:12 – “Therefore, just as sin entered the world
- through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men,
- because all sinned” - gives the reason that all have sinned
- Romans 6:23 – “for the wages of sin is death, but the gift of
- God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” - the result
- Romans 5:8 - "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this:
- While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." – how God sees us
- Romans 10:9,10,13 – 9. “That if you confess with your mouth,
- "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from
- the dead, you will be saved.” 10. “For it is with your heart that you believe
- and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”
- 13. “for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” -
- how can I have salvation?
Name the symbols of the Holy Spirit.
fire – purification
wind – mysterious and cannot be contained
water – refreshing
seal – ownership
oil – illumination
dove – gentle and pure
- ancient near east - assembly of citizens
- Jews - used "synagogue", a buiding and its congragation
- Jesus - people of God
church with a lower case "c" is...
visible, local, joined with membership card only that says "I agree with the statements of faith
Church with an upper case "C" is...
invisible church, universal church, joined by the blood of Jesus
Figures of speech
- Body of Christ - Habitation
- Temple of Christ - Presence of God
- Household of God - Responsible for each other
- Bride of Christ - Relationship
Atonement, covering with a price
day of atonement
predestination according to Dr. Watson
God made it possible, but we must make it actual
threefold purpose of the church according to AG
- 1. Upward relationship in worship
- 2. Discipleship inward connection with God
- 3. Evangelism outward connection with others
the formula for baptism
upon your confession of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and in obedience to the divine command of Matthew 28 i have the privilege of baptizing you in the name of the father, in the name of the son, and in the name of the holy spirit