all bio reproduction
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
stigma, style, ovary
lack one of four main parts
lack stamen or carpel
meiotic division to produce
- mating decoys- orchids
- deposit sperm on bee when it lands
- smell like dung to attract flies
- adapt to open at night for bats
- Long tubes for hummingbirds
- provide nursuries
- explosivr fruit
- wind despersed fruit, water dispersed fruits, clingy fruits
- Color of Ripe Fruits
male gametophyte consists of:
- tube cell-grows in the style so the sperm can travel down
- generative cell- produces 2 sperm cells
seed consists of:
embryo- consists of embryonic root and shoot
embryonic shoot has a cotyledon
- in the embryonic shoot of a seed
- absorb food from the endosperm and transfer it to the growing embryo
male gametophytes of pollen
diploid microspore mother cells--> 4 haploid microspores --> 1 haploid gametophyte
consits of tube cell ad generativce cell
female gametophyte in ovary
megaspore mother cell--> 4 haploid megaspores--> one survives--> mitotically makes 8 haploid nuclei--> form 7 haploid cells
- pollen tube cell grows through stype to female gametophyte-.
- generative cell forms 2 sperm cells that travel down style through tube cell.
- 1 sperm fertilizes egg cell --> diploid zygote that becomes embryo.
- The other sperm fertilizes central cell producing a triploid cell that forms the endosperm of the seed
- spermatogonium- mitosis
- promary spermatocyte- mitosis
- secondary spermatocytes - meiosis II
- spermatids- differentiation
LH in males
stimulates interstitial cells of testes to produce testosterone.
FSH with testosterone stimulates the Sertoli cells and promotes spermatogenesis
male negative feedback
testosterone inhibits the release of GnRH, LH, FSH, which eventually limit testosterone and sperm development
Sertoli cells stimulated by FSH and testosterone, secrete inhibin, which inhibits FSH
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview