Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Thai Chicken and Noodle Soup
Chicken and Fettucine rice noodles in chicken and coconut milk stock with galangal, lime leaves, cilantro, jalapeño, lime, and fish sauce. Garnished with sliced shitakes.
- Garnish: Cilantro, bacon, "galangal"
- ** Fish Sauce
- Not Spicy
A pureed soup of button and shitake mushrooms with vegetable stock, fresh thyme, Madeira, onion, garlic, potato, cream, and butter, topped with a crouton, parmesan, and chives.
- Garnish: Truffle Croutons, Parmesan, Chives.
Butternut Squash Ravioli
Simple pasta dough filled with jalapeno butter, kale prepared by braising with prosciutto, pepperoncini, onion and garlic, served in a reduction of the kale's braising stock and garnished with crisp prosciutto, pecorino, and toasted bread crumbs.
- Garnish: Crisp Prosciutto, pecorino, and toasted bread crumbs.
- ** gluten
- 1 Large Ravioli
"Canoe Cut" Veal Bones roasted and served with grilled bread, pickled red onion, and parsley & horseradish gremolata containing parsley, fresh horseradish, shallot, lemon zest, EVOO, and toasted bred crumbs.
- Roasted to order takes 12 min.,
- 4 pieces
Bacon and Eggs
Bone-in thyme grastrique glazed pork belly braised and served with a round-cut tomato, raclette, and egg frittata, garnished with micro greens and finished with thyme grastrique.
- ** Juniper, chili and clove in the brine.
- 1 Bone
Lox and Eggs
House-made citrus-cured salmon rolled and filled with buratta cheese, served atop a bagel chip and topped with truffled scrambled eggs and garnished with chives.
- Farro Island Salmon, North Atlantic farm raised, large pens all natural.
Crispy shoulder and knuckle meat served atop a ring-molded portion of kale and prosciutto risotto, topped with a poached egg.
- Garnish: Salt, EVOO, Blk Pepper
- ** Parmesan, peppers
- One hour "Farm Fresh Egg"
An Asian shrimp cake containing Laughing Bird shrimp, garlic, shallot, ginger, lime zest, red & yellow pepper, scallions, sesame oil, fish sauce, pepperoncini, eggs, cilantro, and panko breading, and finished with a galangal cream sauce (galangal, fume, mirin, white wine, shallots, garlic, lemongrass, ginger, and cream) garnished with Pickled radish, carrot, red onion, and cilantro leaves.
No Binders or fillers
Cubed strip loin "denatured" with citrus, marinated with grape tomato, cilantro, papaya, green mango, bell pepper, lime, garlic, jalapeño, and EVOO, garnished with fried shallots.
Snails sautéed with EVOO, garlic, smoked paprika, butter, and tomato, served in a crock over crisp fingerling potatoes, garnished with chives and fried sourdough.
Fried Shishito Peppers
Simple Shishito peppers charred on the plancha served plain with lemon-fennel salt
Nutmeg cream (béchamel) finished with raclette, garnished with deeply-caramelized sherry-seasoned onions, caramelized bell peppers, and thyme, served with brioche
Cabbage and Foie Gras Terrine
- A slice from a cabbage-wrapped terrine filled with ground pork and duck seasoned with garlic, shallot, ground ginger, cloves, thyme, with a cabbage wrapped 'torchon' of foie gras in the center. baked, chilled, sliced, and served cold with cranberry relish, garnished with pickled onions and grilled bread.
Gnocchi are made from a mousseline of shrimp, scallops, flounder, cream, egg, and tarragon, boiled and tossed in "Sauce Americana" (Lobster stock reduced with cream and finished with butter) topped with a small shrimp, and finished with cabbage braised with caraway, thyme, vinegar, sugar, and salt.
Prince Edward Island mussels steamed with white wine, tomato, garlic, red onion, red & green cerignola olives, bell peppers, moroccan olives, fennel, and finished with butter, pepperoncini, and toasted fennel, served with grilled bread.
Foie Gras "Donut"
Steam bun stuffed with black pepper seasoned foie gras steamed and then fried, finished with an orange gastrique made with orange, star anise, vinegar and sugar, and sesame seeds.
- ** Egg wash
- Comes with 3, 2oz of Foie Gras per bun
- Chicken Wings cured in cumin, pepperoncini, garlic, onion powder, salt, and bay leaves, sous vide in duck fat, fried and tossed in ages goat gouda tomato dust, scallions, crispy chicken bits, and tabasco butter sauce.
Gravlax & Blini
House-made citrus cured slmon served atop "Al's Big Buckwheat Pancake and creme fraiche, topped with grapefruit, grapefruit granita, and finished with shisho sauce
Shrimp stuffed Roasted Pepper
Laughing bird shrimp, cilantro, ricotta, pecorino, egg, jalapeño, scallion, red peppers, tomatoes, and cilantro stuffed into poblano peppers and roasted, finished with cumin, coriander and lime beurre blanc,
Creamed Cured Cobia
House-pickled cobia (red wine vinegar, sugar, salt, bay leaf, thyme, mustard seed, clove, caraway, garlic) tossed in creme fraiche with potatoes, carrot, dill, onion, and grilled 'black bread' (pumpernickel style)
Sunchokes marinated in truffle oil, EVOO, lemon zest, and thyme, tossed with frisee, pecorino sardo, thyme, lemon juice, EVOO, caramelized red peppers, topped with toasted hazelnuts.
Bibb Salad with Poached Tomatoes
Tomatoes marinated in garlic, EVOO, and basil over bib lettuce, topped with burratta cheese, drizzled with pesto and topped with pine nuts and parmesan.
Romaine tossed wit pickled fennel, cucumber, celery root, red pepper, green olives, blanched potatoes, and hard-boiled egg, topped with poached tuna. Dressing is essentially a roasted red pepper aioli mixed with pickle relish and ketchup.
Beet Salad with Beef Cheek
Chilled slow-cooked beef with roasted red and gold beets, Moroccan olives, orange, feta, and red pepper tossed with fennel in a moroccan vinaigrette (saffron, cumin, coriander, ground ginger, clove, cinnamon, nutmeg,
Squid alla plancha
Cumin and coriander seasoned squid blackened on the plancha in an "italian chimichurri" (basil, parsley, tomato, bell pepper, garlic, EVOO, and preserved lemon) tossed with arugula and chick peas.
Radicchio and Arugula Salad
Radicchio and arugula tossed with grape tomato, blue cheese, and moroccan almonds in a tarragon vinaigrette, garnished with fresh, whole tarragon leaves.
1/2 small head of Romaine topped with a fennel and anchovy vinaigrette (fish sauce, lemon, fennel seed, EVOO, thickened with pecorino) garnished with tomato dust and toasted bread crumbs.
Watercress tossed in Raspberry-Dijon vinaigrette (raspberry vinegar, dijon, EVOO) garnished with 'crouton dust' and fresh, whole raspberries.
Crispy, deep-fried chicken livers served over frisee in a raspberry-walnut oil vinaigrette with roasted shallots, walnuts, pickled golden raisins, and finished with a raspberry grastrique
Green Beans with pickled onion blue cheese, tomato, tarragon, and balsamic vinaigrette.
Endive and celery root tossed in a white truffle vinaigrette and Marcona almonds and finished with pecorino.
Steak au Poivre
Scalloped pots. roasted carrots, caramelized onions, mustard cream sauce, (chick stock, dijon, cream)
- Sweetbread breaded and sautéed in butter and walnut oil served over warm salad of braised baby artichokes, caper berries, roasted peppers, and potatoes, topped with a lemon aioli Moroccan olives
- Lamb Breast
- A Moroccan spiced (See moroccan vinaigrette) served over couscous made with olive, tomato, orange, pine nut, feta, greek yogurt, pickled raisins, mint, basil, and parsley, finished with lamb reduction, orange grastrique./
- Beef Cheeks
- 'Sweet & Sour" beef cheeks braised with balsamic, apples, brown sugar, onions, garlic, and chicken stock, topped with caramelized onions, served with dauphinoise potatoes (gratin), and roasted carrots
- Crispy giant Pork Shank
- Pork fore shank braised with caramelized onion, garlic, smoked paprika, sherry vinegar and stock, served with kale (braised with prosciutto) with a reduction of the braising stock. and served with Gnudi (thyme ricotta dumplings)
- Breaded Veal Paillard
- Pounded, breaded veal butt, pan fried and topped with braised baby artichokes, frisee, pecorino sardo, finished with truffle oil and lemon aioli, and potato coins.
- Playhouse Burger
- 8oz grilled burger on a garlic dusted everything bun topped with caramelized onions (prepared ketchup and paprika) and racalette cheese, served with pommel frites.
- Vegan Roasted Vegetable Bourgogne
- Sqash, mushroom, potato, and pearl onion roasted and finished with a mushroom and red wine reduction thickened and flavored with tofu, spinach giant white beans, blanched garlic, and turnips.
- Tofu au Poivre
- Mole marinated, black crusted tofu seared and served over a medley of broccoli rabe, portabella, onion, and pepperoncini, and finished with a roasted red pepper coulis
- Studded provencal pepper
- Pablano stuffed with eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, tofu, and fennel finished with a tomato and miso coulis
- Bahn Mi
- French baguette with duck and cabbage terrine, pickled jalepeno, radish, carrot, red onion, cilantro, lime cilantro mayo, served with frites.
- Risotto with Shrimp
- Risotto made with a smoked ham hock, celery, onion, bell pepper, garlic, pork hock meat, and scarlet beans topped with 5 seared 16/20 shrimp.
- Linguine with Seared Squid
- Plancha seared squid served over linguine in a tomato, orange and ginger sauce.
- (garlic, shallots, lime, cilantro)
- Buckwheat Noodles
- Shredded carrot and daikon radish tossed with buckwheat noodles in a shiso and ponzu flavored beurre fondue.
- Thyme Dumplings
- Ricotta Gnudi thyme dumplings tossed with broccoli rate, onion, and pepperoncini, and finished with a butter fish sauce.
- Lake Superior Whitefish
- Coriander crusted fresh whitefish (think walleye equivalent) served over brown rice and Haricot Vert finished with a lime and tomato compote (red onion, tomato, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice and zest, brown sugar, cumin and fish sauce)
- Pickled Cobia
- House pickled cobia (red wine vinegar, sugar, salt, bay, leaf, thyme, mustard seed, clove, caraway, garlic) cut into medallions, floured and seared, served over creamed cabbage and potatoes (shallots, garlic, caraway, vinegar, white wine, thyme, cream, and vegetable stock) garnished with micro greens.
- Pacific Rock fish
- Similar to flounder, this fish is seared and dusted with a dehydrated tomato and fine bread crumbs, finished with tomato-basil beurre fondue. Sauteed broccoli rabe and gnudi
- Golden Trout
- Pumpernickel crusted trout (pumpernickel crumb, caraway and cumin) topped with pomegranate seed, pine nut, parsley, black bread croutons, served with green beans and finished with a reduced pomegranate gastrique and some beurre fondue.
- Seared Salmon
- Seared Faroe Island salmon served over steamed brown rice and sautéed spinach (with onion powder made from in-house dehydration) and finished with a miso vinaigrette (white miso, sugar, sesame oil, white wine, vinegar, garlic, shallot, and pepperoncini).
- Red Fish
- Seared red fish seasoned with house made vadouvan (shallot, garlic, onion, close, mustard seed, cardamom, turmeric, fenugreek, cinnamon, and crushed red pepper), served over creamed cauliflower (mined shallot and garlic are sweated in pickled carrot and diakon, and cilantro
- Brined in salt, sugar, and water, floured, battered with sourdough batter and panko, then pan fried and served with butter poached radishes, finished with a thyme butter fingerling potatoes.
- 4 u12 Scallops seasoned with cumin and caraway. seared and served over a rough mash of roasted carrots and finished with creme fraiche and Haricot vert.
- Chicken Breast
- Truffle marinated chicken breast served over creamed cabbage (garlic shallot white wine butter and chicken stock, served with gnudi
- SousVide Chicken Thighs
- Chicken thighs in a vacuum sealed bag with garlic, buttermilk, cumin, pepperoncini, and thyme, served over green beans, celery root puree, finished with a tobasco butter and a blue cheese croquette.
- Chicken Livers
- Buttermilk soaked, rice flour dusted pan fried chicken livers served with pickled cabbage, and finished with a pomegranate gastrique, crispy potatoes and mustard cream sauce
- Whole Roasted Chicken
- Whole Chicken marinated with creme de cassis, thyme, evoo, salt, and pepper, cooked Sous Vide, then roster with turnips, finished with a cassis sauce (chicken demiglace, shallots, red wine and creme de cassis) portabellas and sautéed spinach
- Seared Duck
- Green curry glaze duck breast (green curry lime juice and zest, honey, fish sauce, and cilantro) seared and served with pickled pineapple, brown rice and haricot vert