AmCiv - Republican Ascendancy
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
US acquired Florida from Spain.
Election of John Quincy Adams
- First popular election electing Andrew Jackson.
- Birth of the Democratic Party.
Election of Abraham Lincoln--unexpected victory of the Republican Party.
- The period of Jacksonian Democracy.
- The Democratic Party controlled the American politics.
American Civil War began.
- The middle of the middle of American history.
- Emancipation Proclamation
- Battle of Gettysburg
- Battle of Vicksburg
- Battle of the Rams
- Homestead Act
- Civil War ended.
- US possessed a strong national government.
- The assassination of Abraham Lincoln.
- Election of Rutherford B. Hayes.
- France gifted the Statue of Libery to US.
Occupation of the South
Election of Woodrow Wilson (Democrat) due to the split in the Republican Party.
The Republican Party dominated the White House. A period of nondescript Republican presidents due to the rise of independent economy (businessmen, capitalists, cowboys, free market).
List of year in this timeline:
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview