Geology Test-Chpt 6,7,8
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Father of Geology
Restated Hutton's idea's as uniformitarianism, which means "the present is the key to the past."
- Sedimentary deposits on igneous and/or metamorphic rocks
How do Geologist attempt to correlate rock units?
- Physical Continuity
- Similiarity of rock types
- Unique features (e.g volcanic ash bed)
- Fossils (1) Index fossil (2) Fossil assemblage
Time needed for the number of radioactive isotopes to be reduced by half.
Loose, solid particles of mineral that orginate from (1) weathering and erosion and (2) precipitation
All rounded particles coarser than 2 millimeters in diameter.
Grains are from 1/16 millimeter to 2 millimeters in diameter
- Grains are from 1/256 millimeter to 1/16
- Too small to see
- Most finest sediment, at less than 1/256 millimeters
- Too fine to feel gritty in teeth or fingers
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview