What are the Basic Principles of Learning?
- Motivation: Must have ability to attend to learning, & a reason to learn.
- We can understand through theories like Social Learning that understands that clients try to reach self-efficacy.
- Therefore it increases our ability to find ways to help our client increase self-efficacy.
- Client must be psychosocially ready to learn. Exp – grief
- Requires active participation in learning
- Ability: Developmental
- Children – method must match developmental
- stage. Infant – trust, textures; Adolescent – self-expression, collaborative, problem solving
- Adult Learning – self-directed, reduce anxiety, Identify own learning needs, affected by outside stressors.
- Physical capability – must match method.
: Distractions, Comfort, Dynamics